BPMs are out of wack: Imported PC itunes songs into Macbook Itunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 intel dual, 120 gb with maxtor wack A$% ext hd, 1 gb ram
used the network sharing feature to transfer about 4 gbs of music that was saved in my PC itunes music folder. I just got a Mac about 2 weeks ago and i have begin transferring music. I Imported directly into my mac's itunes library for storage and the bpms are all crazy. I did drop these songs in a pc bpm detector called Mix Miester months ago. bpms are in the thousands. here's a screenshot. http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/blackhooded/Snapshot2007-10-0817-08-39.jpg PLS help. if i delete the songs how can i import them with correct bpms?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" C2D 2gRam, 8g iPhone
Use Rane's Serato for bpm plotting. It is much better than Mixmeister.

OP
freshcoastdjs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I know these were songs imported to itunes. i use itunes to create playlists and smart playlist off of bpms. i know now i no longer need the meister. i just need itunes to populate the correct bpms. and u are correct, serato does great bpm detection.

OP
freshcoastdjs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
any bpm detectors?

i will delete songs and need to reimport at higher stereo bit rate anyway. instead of directly importing, thinking of just moving itunes music folder to desktop from my external, then drop in a bpm detector that will retag so when i import into itunes, boom...all is fixed.

any good bpms detectors that do batch processing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" C2D 2gRam, 8g iPhone
just serato. it now supports dual core processors and will calculate 2 bpm's at once

OP
freshcoastdjs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
serato didn't populate bpms to itunes

so i used trial version of beatunes to calculate the bpms. very easy and nice lil program found here http://www.beatunes.com/beatunes-download.html my external drive songs import ok. i was only having problem with bringing over songs stored on pc harddrive into itunes. ne ways. thanks for for helping. this post can be closed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" C2D 2gRam, 8g iPhone
i think it has something to do with when the bpm's are added. i can see that some of my bpm's in itunes are way out of wack, from when i used beatunes, and not serato. i need to redo my library anyway because of all the changes. i'll tell ya though, about 22000 of my 27000 songs on my external have bpm's. I doubt i've played that many in itunes for it to have calculated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.