Magsafe Adapter

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Core Duo, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Samsung 19" Monitor, 250 GB WD My Book, 16 GB iPod Touch
Ok...so a new issue that has me worried. When I was on my flight to Washington this past weekend, I decided that I wanted to watch a movie. I took out my MacBook and noticed that where the power chord plugs in that there was a brown mark right near the hole where it plugs in. Upon further inspection, I noticed that it was black and brown inside the hole around the adapter and it looks like the metal on the chord in the plug made a ring around the adapter inside, if that makes any sense. The burning was not bad, and for the most part, I was able to remove it just by wiping it off. That being said, should I go ahead and invest in a new magsafe adapter. By the way, I am out of my one year warranty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It would definitely be prudent to have the adapter replaced as electrical burns don't just occur randomly.

Even though you are out of warranty, try going to the Apple Store and explaining what happened. They could very well replace it for free, despite the lack of a warranty.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.