g3 powermac upgrade

Reaction score
hi, yesterday i bought a powermac 3, and it works okay, loaded, but is dreadfully slow. but at least i am in the mac world, but i don,t have the patience for such a slow rig, considering i have 2 custom built pc,s that are VERY fast. but i want to have a apple computer, but something somewhat faster that the g3.. i get a $1000 next month, but i am thinking i can get something maybe around the 300-400 dollar range that should be quick... should i get a quicksilver g4?????:Oops:

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What are the specs on your Power Mac G3? Is it the Blue and White model? What version of OSX are you running?

OP
R
Reaction score
hi
no, its a clear plactic, and blueish green and blue. its 450 mhz, 2x9gb raid, dvd, rage 128 32mb, ultra scsi card. 10-100t, mdm, keyboard....he said it was about the tops in its time when it came out...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.