Takes a long time to make start up chime

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
This issue started just this morning. When I turn my macbook on, the front light comes on as it always does at startup. Instead of immediately turning off so that the screen can come on along with the start up chime, the light remains on for about 10-15 seconds. It just seems very delayed.

Last night my power adapter seemed to puff up and burn in one section, thereby disabling it, I don't think that the issues are connected though.

Too bad I'm out of warranty, that adapter that I just ordered isn't cheap :Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Mine does that occasionally after a significant update. I don't think it's anything to worry about. Does it do it every time, or just the once?

OP
walmartconnect
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
It's done it the past few times. The last time it actually didn't, so maybe everything is ok.

Has anyone else had the other problem? The area of the cable just off of the magsafe connector puffed up, turned kind of brown, and a hole burned through. What bad timing, if I was home I could have just driven to Best Buy and gotten another one 15 minutes after it happened. Instead I'm stuck in the middle of this desert in California waiting for Apple to expensively ship it to me during a holiday. Sigh.

Happy Columbus Day to everyone though!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
My iMac has done it, my PowerBook has done it, and my MacBook has done it. Weird.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.