How do I use macbook as headset for blackberry pearl

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB @5200 rpm Hard Drive, OS X 10.5
Hi all!

this is something that I have been wanting to do for forever, but just can't get it done.

I had a samsung sync and i could connect to it and use my windows laptop as a headset (the laptop's speakers would project the caller's voice and i could speak back to them through my mic. This was all done via bluetooth, and it was amazing. See, i don't get signal in my basement, and that is where i hang out, but if i put it by the window, i do get signal, so it was nice to be able to sit on the couch and have a conversation. also, i see tons of dashboard widgets that allow for bluetooth texting, but none seem to work with my 8100 or any blackberry for that matter...

is there any way to get this task done in os x for my blackberry?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hmmm... no one has a comment or a sucks for you?? lol. Or even better some advice? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 ghz "new" 24" iMac
hmmm... no one has a comment or a sucks for you?? lol. Or even better some advice? :)

Have you tried downloading the blackberry application for the Mac? Perhaps once it is installed, your Mac will know what to do with the device. I don't use my Mac as a headset for my 7100, but I do have it syncing with mail, sticky notes and iCal as well as my work laptop.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have you tried downloading the blackberry application for the Mac? Perhaps once it is installed, your Mac will know what to do with the device. I don't use my Mac as a headset for my 7100, but I do have it syncing with mail, sticky notes and iCal as well as my work laptop.

Thank you very much for your post. But yes, I have installed the Pocketmac software. i thought the same thing that this may make it realize that this is a phone and let it do this. But i'm also thinking that the blackberry family will not allow this type of use.

I've got this same post on the Blackberryforums.com site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 ghz "new" 24" iMac
Thank you very much for your post. But yes, I have installed the Pocketmac software. i thought the same thing that this may make it realize that this is a phone and let it do this. But i'm also thinking that the blackberry family will not allow this type of use.

I've got this same post on the Blackberryforums.com site.

Good luck and let us know if you find anything out!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.