simple Mac newbie questions thnx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15-inch - 2.2GHz 2 Duo - NVIDIA GeForce 8600 128mb - 120GB - 2GB DDR2 - SPECK Clear Case
ok... newbie here.... longtime PC guy, but knew i was getting a Mac for my next portable computer... so, i got it! score!

1) when in safari, and I hit "tab" it does not go to the button below the text box to send, continue, submit, etc...? how do i get there with out using mouse? (should i use mozilla?)

2) when a window pops up; lets say after installing something or an application is asking me to save, cancel, etc. How do i move to the cancel or other button with out using mouse? the arrow keys do not do it...

THANKS!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
1) Go to Keyboard and Mouse preference pane, then select "Keyboard shortcuts". At the bottom there's an option for text boxes only or Full access. Select the latter.

2) Press tab and you will see a very light blue halo move around the cancel, don't save and other such buttons. Once your blue halo is on the right one, press "Space". Alternatively, a faster method is Command+D for Dont Save, Command+C for Cancel. But if the prompt is different like in iTunes, then it would be Command+M for "Move files to Trash" and so on...

OP
alien1980
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15-inch - 2.2GHz 2 Duo - NVIDIA GeForce 8600 128mb - 120GB - 2GB DDR2 - SPECK Clear Case
you are the man! the keyboard shorcut works and the tab on the window also works... i dont see why i ever want to use my pc... it actually feels wierd to use it now... the Mac IV has got me hooked!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.