upgrading G4 processor question

Reaction score
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Sig...
It may be faster, yes, depending on the applications in question. Honestly, though, I'd buy a dual 1GHz quicksilver processor for that kind of money and modify it to go in the DA instead.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Hey nice mac!!

<-------------

The question is would the bus speed be fast enough for you?

OP
JeffBookPro
Reaction score
Yeah, I just figured for that kind of money I might as well get something better. Maybe go crazy and buy a Mac mini.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Sig...
Upgrading to dual 1GHz procs would cost you $200. Most cost effective upgrade you can make, imo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
The thing is, you'll paying money to make a slow computer (by today's standards) less slow. And memory speed, bus speed etc. won't be any faster.

You can get quite a good price on Power Mac G4s on ebay. I'd sell it and get the Mini.

OP
JeffBookPro
Reaction score
The thing is, you'll paying money to make a slow computer (by today's standards) less slow. And memory speed, bus speed etc. won't be any faster.

You can get quite a good price on Power Mac G4s on ebay. I'd sell it and get the Mini.

That is what I am going to do. I am going to wait for Leopard though. So sometime after the 26th.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Sig...
I assume you'll be going for an Intel Mini... I hope, at least. A G4 would be a waste of money.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.