downsizing in iphoto

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook 13in
I need to know how to not save so many pictures, I have some in Modified, some in Original...is there a better way to do this than manually deleting? I take a lot of pictures, and a lot of them I don't want, and a lot of them need editing. I'm thinking there might be a way to get automator to do this, but I don't know how. Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
First of all, stay out of the finder. Do whatever you want to do with/to your photos from within the iPhoto app. iPhoto keeps the "originals" so that in case you want to revert back, you will always have your original to go to. The 'modified" are the ones you have changed in some way -- rotated, cropped, whatever. Delete the photos you want to delete from within the app and all will be fine. If you want to do some fine-tuning, try iPhoto Diet. It has lots of options for trimming the size of your library. Just be sure to read carefully to make sure you understand what you are telling it to do. For example, it will delete originals of photos that are only rotated. That would probably be fine, but just be sure you understand what you are doing. Read carefully.

Anyway, stay out of finder, delete photos from within the app, and all should be well. Do remember to empty the trash to really get rid of them.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook 13in
thanks

thank you for your help.;D
-kelly

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.