Where is the computer information stored?

E

Evil Homer

When you install any copy of OSX, you are required to enter a name and address and phone, etc. Where is that information stored and is there any way to change the information without having to reinstall the OS? Could I just put the CD back in and rerun the wizard? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Search around your applications folder(including utilities)...I'm pretty darn sure there is an app that runs the wizard thingy.

OP
E

Evil Homer

Any idea what it would be called? I ran all the apps in the utilities menu and nothing I saw had anything to do with that wizard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
well actually, all that info is stored on your computer as its ID. It can be changed, just like everything.

Perhaps check out your address book ;) that will allow for a quick change.. not sure how perm it is though. Otherwise, mess around with the terminal and fix it there... OR reinstall your OS and start over ;)

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
If you need to change it, go to the utilities folder, open setup assistant, and change it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
thank you absolute! That was the name of the app!

OP
E

Evil Homer

I don't have the setup assistant in the utilities folder. I have airport and bluetooth setup assistants, but neither of those work since I don't have wireless. Is there any other way?

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Hmm... it seems like it disappears after you register your computer, mine was not registered at first because my Internet was down for a few hours.

It must be in address book.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.