syncing mac pro with imac with .mac

Reaction score
Is it possible to sync up my email on both computers using .mac? I have about 3 emails that I use so if i check my mail at my office and read it but when i get home I can sync it up so it shows it there also.

I can do it with ical but mail doesn't seem to update all my past emails, it only updates the .mac emails.

Reaction score
Mail SETTINGS, not the actual mail messages, will sync with .Mac, but it will not sync the actual mail messages. That has to come from the email server on each of the accounts you're using.

You can have all mail messages on each computer, but how to do so depends on the kind of mail accounts (Imap or Pop). If POP, then in the account settings for each mail account (e.g., bellsouth, gmail, godaddy, etc.) tell it to leave the mail on the server for 30 days or so. That way, when you log onto the mail accounts from different computers (within 30 days) it will download all messages (and each computer will have all messages).

IMAP, I believe, does this automatically (the way your work email does it for most companies). Most "consumer" email accounts are POP -- the .Mac mail account, however, is IMAP I believe.

BTW, there's a program called SyncTogether that essentially does the sync'g that .Mac does, and it costs around $50 (a one-time fee for a 3 user license). I've been using it for almost a year and it works well to sync iCal, Address Book, Mail settings, Safari settings/bookmarks, etc. I liked .Mac but couldn't justify the $100 per year per user fee for what it gives you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.