Install Instructions for Mac Pro RAID Card

Reaction score
Not sure what to do next, please help. I have recently bought a mac pro which did not come with a Mac Pro RAID card. I was able to obtain a RAID card from Apple but it did not come with install instructions.

I have spent hours with AppleCare support but none of them was able to help me because since the card is so new. I brought it to an Apple store and they told me that the card was missing some cables and they told me that there wasn't anything they could do for me.

This is the only RAID out there which can boot into the OS X which is why I went out of my way to get it from Apple. Apparently, the installation of this RAID card is more involved than just simply plugging it into one the available PCI slots. I am trying to take advantage of the hardware RAID speed (namely RAID 5) so I don't have to worry about backing up my data manually.

If anyone has any ideas or instructions on how to install this card I would be so grateful. Thank you so much in advance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.