Menu Bar

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB
How can I remove something from the Menu Bar? I was looking at someting that I had in my utilities folder called AppleScript Utility. I opened it and I decided, just to see what it would look like, to have it "show scripts in menu bar". I then deleted the program, becuase I believed it to be something that I downloaded on a whim a while back. I'm still not sure if it is something that I downloaded or that came with my computer. Unfortunately, when I deleted the program, the menu is still there in the menu bar. It doesn't have any function, since the application is actually gone. However, I don't know how to get rid of it. If I still had the program, I could open it and uncheck the box that I checked to make it appear there in the first place.

So........after all that, is there some way to manually remove things from the menu bar? If not, does anyone know where I can get this application again so I can get it out of there? :Oops:

Please help!

Thanks

M

MacHeadCase

Grab the item you want to get rid of while holding the Command key and just slide it off like you do for an icon on the dock you want out of there. That ought to work. :)

OP
Thundermoon1994
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB
Thank you so much MacHeadCase!!! It was driving me nuts! BTW, do you know if that is something that comes with osx or something I downloaded?

M

MacHeadCase

I think it's an OS X thing... Maybe an OS X Services thing?

I think I had them up there for a while then I got bored. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.