Thunderbird - Download Archived Emails

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 / 1.25 gHz / 2 GB RAM / 80GB HDD
Hi.

On Windows with TB I had no problem with this, but Mac is proving to be logical which works against me a bit as I'm used to the half-assery that is XP.

Every time I install TB on XP it automatically downloads all old and new sent and recieved emails. On OSX however, it only seems to download recieved messages after the date and time it was installed. I however would like all old messages on this computer as well. I'm on a PowerBook G4, secondhand running Thunderbird trying to nab old GMail messages.

Thanks,
-Zak MacDonald

OP
Z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 / 1.25 gHz / 2 GB RAM / 80GB HDD
Well to answer my own question so if anybody Googles a similar issue they can have the answer. The problem was in my GMail settings. I had POP enabled, however not for all email even that which has been downloaded already. So to download old messages simply go to your GMail settings > POP and Forwarding and click "Enable POP for All Messages Including Downloaded"

Zak

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.