Battery Percentage Reading

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 15" MacBook Pro - 2.7 GHz Quad-Core i7 // 16GB RAM // 512GB SSD // Radeon Pro 460 4GB
up at the top right where the batt percentage reading is it keeps reading like 95-96%...it wont charge all the way back up to 100%...or at least it says it wont. my MBP is like a month or two old so i dont think its from old battery or something....anyone know how to fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
up at the top right where the batt percentage reading is it keeps reading like 95-96%...it wont charge all the way back up to 100%...or at least it says it wont. my MBP is like a month or two old so i dont think its from old battery or something....anyone know how to fix this?

Let it discharge a bit...past 90% or so and then recharge it and it should go back to 100. Every mac ive seen does this if you only slightly discharge the battery then plug it back in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook air 13", 256GB HD
Hi guys,

Any advice about how to optimise the life of the MBP battery? Do u have to fully discharge it every once in a while?
At the moment I rarely ever take my Mac away from my desk, i.e. it's always plugged in to the powerpoint running on 100%. I never unplug it, even when I turn it off. Is this bad?

Thanks for any reply!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP SR 2.2Ghz 15.4" LED
Hi guys,

Any advice about how to optimise the life of the MBP battery? Do u have to fully discharge it every once in a while?
At the moment I rarely ever take my Mac away from my desk, i.e. it's always plugged in to the powerpoint running on 100%. I never unplug it, even when I turn it off. Is this bad?

Thanks for any reply!!

Please search this forum for more information on battery optimization. There is plenty of information from all sides. Trust me, you will find all the information you'll need.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.