Unfocused screen on mouse movement

Reaction score
Dear all,

i've a MacBook 2,16GHz running 10.4.10 and i'm experiencing a strange display unfocusing behavoiur when moving the mouse pointer.
It's a very little effect but quite annoying expecially when reading.
It appears when mouse pointer come form the bottom to the up half of the screen and viceversa, letters get a little unfocused and also overall display size seems to change (the bottom bar moves of about 1mm up and down)
Also sometimes i get screen tilt when removing the dvi connector from an external display, moving the mouse get things ok, but i don't think it's a normal behaviour (!?!)
Have you ever experienced something similar ?
Have i to contact Apple support ?

Thanks,
Max

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I have never seen something like that, I would contact apple support since it seams like you are going to need parts replaced. (unless somebody else here knows of the problem and its a software issue)

OP
M
Reaction score
Solved !!! I had zoom on is SystemPref->UniversalAccess->Seeing, putting it off has solved the strange behaviour of unfocused display!

Maybe also the tilt after removing dvi output was due do this thing ?
We will see ....

Cheers,
Max

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
haha thats really weird. did u touch that setting before.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yeah, this is quite a common issue:

You can activate the zoom simply by holding down the 'ctrl' key and using a scroll wheel, or by moving two fingers across the trackpad.

So it's easily activated by accident.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.