Problem with MacBook Pro & Bluetooth Keyboard

Reaction score
Hi there,

I've had a MacBook for about 7 months now (I finally switched over from PC!). I've got it hooked up to a 20" Apple display with a corded Apple "Mighty" mouse & a Bluetooth keyboard. Up until today, the keyboard works flawlessly.

Today, I decided I neede a bigger screen on the notebook & went out & bought the 17" MacBook Pro. Unfortunately, the keyboard will NOT work. The notebook can't find it. I know there's NOTHING wrong with the keyboard because I turn the old MacBook back on and it immediately finds the keyboard & it works perfectly.

Any ideas what's going on? I've been "Googling" and this seems to be an issue, but I haven't really found a solution yet. I downloaded & installed the most recent updates, but again, nothing.

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
make sure you click on the bluetooth symbol in osx (top right) and click discoverable

make sure batteries are in the right way round etc...

should find it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
Make sure you have fresh batteries in it. Apple rates it at 6 months on a set of batteries with average use.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.