Should I get a new Nano?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Over the summer I bought a 4 gig green nano to replace my older white nano. In September when the new nanos came out, I regretted buying my ipod before the new ones were released. My brother just got the new 4 gig silver nano last night for his birthday, and today when I was helping him put songs on it, I realized that I really want one because I always wanted to have an ipod that played music videos and had a bigger display. So here's the idea. My mom wants to buy a new nano for herself, but is really not crazy about the video ones. She said that she would glady buy me one of the new video nanos if I gave her my green nano. Sounds good, but my only concern would be saving all my music from my ipod. I don't keep my music files in my library; I delete them after they go on my ipod. Is it possible to use Senuti or some other program to rip my music from my ipod onto my computer to put them on a new ipod?

Reaction score
I would definitely go for the new Nano, they're amazing.

On that note, what I use for that is iPodDisk... it's for Mac, though. I assume you have a Mac because you mentioned Senuti which is a Mac program I think? Lol anyways if you have a Mac, I'd suggest iPodDisk because you can grab your music folder and save it to you computer. Then open your new iPod in iTunes and drag the folder in, done.
If you have a PC... I don't know Haha you'll have to wait for someone else's advice.
Good luck!

Linkage:
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/19890

OP
Ninapants
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Thanks for the reply! I don't have a Mac yet, but will be getting one on the 15th.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD
Yes you should. I just got a touch and LOVE it. I used to have an 8GB nano and having the ability to play vids/movies rox. Try to hold out for the touch if you can so you can surf the web without your computer....

T

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Santa Rosa 15" 2.4Ghz, 8600M GT 256MB Gfx, 2GB RAM
For PC you can use Anapod Copygear which lets you copy mp3s back from your ipod.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.