The Sims 2

Reaction score
I apologize if this is in the wrong thread section. My daughter wants this game for her birthday in two weeks, so I am going to get it for her. But one question, there is about 200 different kinds of them! Are they all compatible with macs? She wants The Sims 2 specifically, but do I need to get her The Sims 1 as well, so it will be compatible? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
The Sims 2 is separate from Sims 1....u just need a mac version of sims 2...make sure it isnt university, nightlife, pets, seasons, open for business or watever other expansions....it has to be just The Sims 2 unless u want to get her one of the expansions...

OP
H
Reaction score
Oh ok, thanks a lot. Good news. I just thought you had to have Sims 1 to install Sims 2.

OP
H
Reaction score
15" Titanium Powerbook G4
CPU speed: 1 GHz
133 MHz bus speed
1 GB of memory
Mac OS X 10.4.8

But there isn't any games or anything installed on it.

Reaction score
having other games on it doesn't matter....i have a 17" MacBook Pro, 2.33 GHz, 3 GB of memory, and Mac OS X 10.4.10 and Sims 2 still crashes sometimes...

OP
H
Reaction score
hm.. It just "unexpectedly quits" at random times on a Macbook Pro? :O That can't be a good sign. I think I'm still going to buy it and see how it pans out.

Reaction score
well these are the recommended specs...just so u kno wat ur getting into...Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3.8 or later
CPU Processor: PowerPC G4/G5
CPU Speed: 1.2GHz or faster
Memory: 256 MB or higher
Hard Disk Space: 3GB free disk space
Video Card (ATI): Radeon 9000 or better
Video Card (NVidia): GeForce FX5200 or better
Video Memory (VRam): 32 MB or higher
Media Required: DVD Drive

OP
H
Reaction score
Gameplay will most likely be pretty slow eh... Where did you read all this?

Reaction score
i got that from here...and it prob wont be slow, it just wont load...or if it does, itll crash almost immediatly...u cant upgrade hardware, is that ur only computer? do u have a pc that might be able to handle it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15" 1GHz 768MB 60GB
You can get the recommended specifications from the game's website. That's probably where Specialk51288 got it from. In this case, from: http://www.aspyr.com/product/game_specs/6

You're probably going to experience some pretty choppy and slow gameplay. There's not really much you can do to speed it up, unfortunately.

OP
H
Reaction score
Wow, bad news. But thanks regardless. I'm currently looking at other games...

OP
H
Reaction score
We have a playstation 2, but wouldn't the computer version demolish the PS2?

Reaction score
there is a ps2 version...it has an open-ended gameplay mode that is supposed to be comparable to the PC version, but idk from experience...u could get that if ur dau has her heart set on it, tho id ask her first...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.