Electronic/techno/drum 'n bass programs

Reaction score
ok I like making electronic music through garageband and im getting kinda tired of it cause it's very limited. I would like some suggestions on new software that is easy for almost any kind of electronic tech music or drum 'n bass cause i love any kind.
any suggestions are appriciated.
by the way if you would like to hear some of the stuff i've made you can hear it here or for a few more songs here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 ghz "new" 24" iMac
ok I like making electronic music through garageband and im getting kinda tired of it cause it's very limited. I would like some suggestions on new software that is easy for almost any kind of electronic tech music or drum 'n bass cause i love any kind.
any suggestions are appriciated.
by the way if you would like to hear some of the stuff i've made you can hear it here or for a few more songs here

The only problem with garage band is recording multiple tracks at once, is that really an issue with this type of music? you have loops and more loops. Just turn your bedroom light switch off and on real fast and you have a party!

:Evil:

OP
C
Reaction score
no i actually write my own stuff now
I used to use just loops but i got tired of it so i started writing it by myself and i just need something you know...just...fun and good sounding

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz MBP w/ 2GB of ram and 320 GB HD, 4GB iPhone, 60GB iPod
have you checked out Reason? if you are working with mainly midi and are willing to get a midi controller, your options are endless. a m-audio midi controller can be picked up for about 100 bucks.

check out their site at http://www.propellerheads.se/ there is demo you can download as well to check it out.

Reaction score
I have used Logic, Cubase, Digital Performer, Live, Reason, and Pro Tools. Depending on what you are trying to do, Reason is kind of limited. It doenst possess the capability of recording audio. You can export audio from Reason, but just cant record into it.

Personally I like and use Digital Performer, nd slave either Reason or Ableton Live to the application and in doing so exponentially expanding capabilities. If you got any questions about DAW's, controllers, synths, samplers... hit me up. HOpe that helps.

Jason

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel 2ghz Macbook | 80Gb Ipod
Reason would be the best for Drum n Bass. Pro tools has a reason link too so if you were to record things in it would be a great mix however your setup would then cost about £500 if you were to get Protools Le with an mbox 2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" C2D 2gRam, 8g iPhone
ableton live. wow this topic comes up alot here huh

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.