"Free iPod" posts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Just as a warning....the next time I see one of these "free iPod" spam posts, that person will automatically be permanently banned. Read the forum rules if you have any questions, paying close attention to bullet number two...

Consider this your warning!

Oh and before you say it....yes....I'm mean and evil :mad:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
You're mean and evil schweb! thanks for a great post! :)

S

stevo836

The *deleted* offer does work. It is annoying to go through, but it works. :D

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
stevo836 said:
The *deleted* offer does work. It is annoying to go through, but it works. :D
*banned*

Why do people have to test me?

B

bob

people have been posting those free ipod stuff on spymac as well

it is very anoying

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
although i do not like the ipod spam i think permently banning somebody for that is a little harsh, maybe banning them for like a month or so? and if they do it again banning them for 2 months, and on the third time bann them forever? because you can't just do that, it probually isn't legal since it is not in the rules, they shouldn't give mods that kind of power any way to completly bann someone from using the service.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you have a book at home and you tell your friends that they can write their names in it, write stories, but they can't write about cats, because you just don't like cats and if they do, you're not going to allow them to write in that book again. Now is that fair that you can say that since it is your book right? it seems fair to me.. We run these forums because we like to help people, we don't get paid, we take time away from our busy schedule, from work, from our wives to help you guys. I do think that gives us a little bit of a right to figure out what we would like to see on these boards and what we do not want to see. When we see things that take us away from helping and we have to split two people up because they are fighting and causing people on these boards to get angry and upset.. we do what it takes to bring peace back to the boards, so that they boards can once again help others. Those iPod ads, those Mac mini ads are being spammed on forums everywhere, on blogs, every single piece of media that they can get their hands on.. they are spamming it. How does that help newly switched people? it doesnt! How does that help anybody, except to create more spammers because the people that joined now want their free iPods and to do that you have to spam people.. We choose not to allow it.. again the purpose of these forums is to help others and these spam tactics are against the purpose of these forums.

I have not permanently banned anyone, but I have banned them for a set amount of days.. you know what, those iPod posters do not come back.. not because they were banned, but because their job is done.. they've spammed the boards and now they'll go onto the next board to spam them, and then a couple blogs along the way. Then a week later, they'll come back to this forum create a new user name and post some more. Now they have wasted our time and wasted your time this is our book and we want our friends to be able to use this book in the fashion that we set forth.. to help others.. it's against the purpose of our book.. so they are not allowed to use our book anymore.

I hope that clarified it for you :)

A

austin

true...but when you ban someone dont you ban their ip address not just their username?

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, except in very rare cases, we do not ban IP addresses. This is mainly due to the fact that people's IP addresses change and we also don't want to accidentally ban someone who has done nothing wrong simply because they might get the same IP address.

To PowerBookG4: In addition to Murlyn's wonderful reply on the issue, I have to say that we don't normally permanently ban for this issue, just temporary. However, do it again and you will be banned permanently. I see no reason to give anyone more than one warning on this issue since if they do it a second time, they're doing it on purpose regardless of the rules.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, 1.33/512/80GB - Macbook 1.83/CD/2GBs ram.
I hate those things.

76894567.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
lol @ jesus thing :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Then why subject the rest of us to it?

B

burnsie

Nice one schweb. Those "Free ipod" posts are seriously annoying :D.

Reaction score
Just as a warning....the next time I see one of these "free iPod" spam posts, that person will automatically be permanently banned. Read the forum rules if you have any questions, paying close attention to bullet number two...

Consider this your warning!

Oh and before you say it....yes....I'm mean and evil :mad:
I have been lurking here for a while and this particular thread made me want to post.
So here goes.

This "deal" has been around for a long time whether it be a "free" laptop or Ipod or some sort of flat screen TV.
People claim that they do "work" as in you get something for free.
It however is usally a unconsented bill to your credit card for something you didnt purchase that you get, not the item promised.
So people regardless of what you hear these are a bad bad idea and do not give these people any of your information!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
although i do not like the ipod spam i think permently banning somebody for that is a little harsh, maybe banning them for like a month or so? and if they do it again banning them for 2 months, and on the third time bann them forever? because you can't just do that, it probually isn't legal since it is not in the rules, they shouldn't give mods that kind of power any way to completly bann someone from using the service.

What was I thinking back then, now i know better.

why was this thread dug up in the first place?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
if those people don't want to follow the simple rules, ban them forever.. we do not need that junk here. I see enough of that "free" crap in my junk email folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPod 4th and 5th Gen
..about time they moved onto free iphone ads...just kiddin schweb!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.