iPhone update 1.1.1 tv out help!!

Reaction score
After getting to update, i went out and bought the apple AV cable w/ iPhone AV adapter by Belkin. First of all, the iPod AV jack doesn't fit into the AV adapter...stupid. So, instead i plug the iPod AV jack into the IPhone dock and i fit perfectly. I hook up the RCA's to my tv and I only get sound and no video. Apple made this process seem really easy but I can't get it to play video. My iPod plays video just fine. I also noticed my iPod has a TV OUT on and off option. iPhone only has Widescreen on/off and a TV Signal option; NTSC and PAL. I have no idea what the TV Signal option is used for. Can somebody please help me out with this? I've loved this update so far, but this TV OUT bs is a turn off. THANK YOU!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
First off, if it is the same Belkin adapter that is on the apple site it is only for audio. That's probably you problem. I purchased a audio/video cable for my iPod Video, I bought it at radio shack but I think was belkin and that plug fits my iPhone. NTSC is the for USA and PAL is for other countries.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
Isn't the video out only achievable through the bottom connector with the apple media dock?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
Basically if you were to play it on a TV in the US you would use NTSC, and if you were in other countries you would use PAL. Just how the technology works and the US is just different, that's my understanding.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.