RSS Reader

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
What RSS reader or service do you use?

Im after a way to get RSS feeds in the best way possible. not sure weather to go with a desktop application or an online service

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
I use Sage. It's very simple but perfect for my needs. (Firefox only)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
I use NetNewsWire (http://www.newsgator.com/Individuals/NetNewsWire/Default.aspx) and HIGHLY recommend it. The killer feature for me is syncing. NNW integrates with the Newsgator online reader. When I'm at work and have some spare time to read a few feeds, I read the ones I want. When I go home and fire up NNW on my Mac, those feeds I read at work earlier are marked read. If I read something at home and go into work the next day, those I read at home on NNW are marked read on the Newsgator online service. There is even a mobile version for the iPhone so if I read some posts on my iPhone those are marked read and will sync on the desktop and online. The sycning sold me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
I use Vienna. It's simple, it's free, it's lightweight and it works.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
are there any RSS readers that let you download the content to your laptop so that i can read articles later when im not connected to the internet on the train or something?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
If the feed is a full article feed, then pretty much any RSS app will download the entire article.

Reaction score
I use NetNewsWire Lite and Google Reader, it just depends on how often the feeds are updated as to which I use. For infrequent stuff like Thinksecret, I like to be able to check on my phone so I use Google, but eBay RSS feeds can get to be too much to deal with on a phone so I use NetNewsWire Lite.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
so if i install sage on my macbook (I want a free reader) then when i update my feeds when im connected to the internet and then i unplug and close down firefox, next time I open it back up when im not connected i will still be able to read the feeds that I downloaded?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.