Buying New iPhone tomorrow. a couple of ?'s

tdp

Reaction score
Hi, I'm going to pick up my new iPhone tomorrow. I'm going to transfer my phone number to this new AT&T account, is that easy to do during activation?

If I get a phone with 1.0.2, how do I keep it at that firmware during activation? I have iTunes 7.3.2 at the moment on a G4 Powerbook.

I'm not hardcore into the hacking stuff, but I want that option open to me if at all possible, so that's why I ask.

Thanks for any input.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Transferring numbers has become a relatively painless process as of late, but be sure to call up your current provider and make sure the number is ready to be ported to a different carrier.

The only way your firmware will get updated is if you consent to it. It will tell you that a new version is out and if you want to upgrade. You can simply decline and not have to worry about it being forced upon you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHz, 8GB iPhone
I had a really hard time switching my number over from Sprint. I cancelled my contract with them a couple days before I got my iPhone so I think that's why. When I went to port my number it told me my number could not be released from my past carrier or something like that. I called At&t and they handled all of it for me. So far I love At&t.

OP
T

tdp

Reaction score
I had a really hard time switching my number over from Sprint. I cancelled my contract with them a couple days before I got my iPhone so I think that's why. When I went to port my number it told me my number could not be released from my past carrier or something like that. I called At&t and they handled all of it for me. So far I love At&t.

The Tmobile guy, after I had to tell him 3 times to stop selling me the Wing, said that if I cancelled it, I wouldn't be able to port the number over.

It was funny, when I told him I was switching for the iPhone, he sounded like I kicked his dog. He took it personally, then proceeded to try and sell me the Wing. I got a little mad and said stop, took me 3 times of saying stop to get him to do it. Pain in the neck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
I don't think you will get an iPhone now with the old firmware.

OP
T

tdp

Reaction score
I don't think you will get an iPhone now with the old firmware.

haven't plugged it in yet, it's got 04.01.13G as the firmware version, which I guess means 1.1.1 :(.

It does have the 5 series for the lcd panel ID, which from all the reading, makes me thankful for that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.