Audiobooks

Reaction score
I have a few audiobooks on my computer and I have joined them together with Audiobook Builder or with Join Together and I keep seeming to have the same problem. They play perfectly on my itunes but when they are on the ipod every now and then they just stop playing and it resets itself like it got to the end of the file. I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz, 512Mb RAM
I have a problem too with long files. I'm guessing you are using a HD iPod and not a Nano or Shuffle. Try splitting the files into smaller chunks and they should play no bother.

That said I cannot get a 10min track by Opeth or a 28min track by Rainbow to play no matter what I do to them (including reducing bit rate but excluding splitting the songs).

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Have used both programs myself - one of the things I found on doing my research was about the matter of the time length of the files.

Found several remarks at that time that stated files over 12 hours would not work properly. There were several recommendations to keep file lengths under a 4 hour maximum size in order to assure that they would work. I have been doing this since the beginning and have not had problems (except for those caused by me).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.