iBook for SAP

M

manikram

Hi,

I'm planning on buying a laptop and will be using it mainly for SAP applications.Do you guys recommend iBook as a good option?
Also,I would like to know how good is virtual pc if I'm going to use XP on iBook G4.My other applications would be mailing,video conferencing,text processing,light gaming and audio/video.

Help on this is greatly appreciated.

OP
T

The mac 13

manikram said:
Hi,

I'm planning on buying a laptop and will be using it mainly for SAP applications.Do you guys recommend iBook as a good option?
Also,I would like to know how good is virtual pc if I'm going to use XP on iBook G4.My other applications would be mailing,video conferencing,text processing,light gaming and audio/video.

Help on this is greatly appreciated.

iBook is good enough. virtual pc is just an emulator.. i dont think it will b good. if u really what to use one thena MAX out yr ram mayb to 1.25gb coz its memory sucking. ya more or less yr other applications would need at lease a 512mb ram so i say GET IT!
:p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Concerning your laptop needs, excluding SAP, the iBook is a good choice, with additional RAM. To max it out at 1.25GB would be best, but that's a question of budget, of course.
Now for SAP Id on't know...
I have an old copy of Virtual PC (I think it's version 5), which I installed under OS 9, with Windows 2000 to use AutoCAD, and to my surprise it works quite good on my Powermac g4 1.25.
I think that the actual Virtual PC 6.1 or even the future Virtual PC 7 will work better, especially under OS X, but it's ok for my needs.
But I don't know about SAP though...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.