iPod+Stereo for VW

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD
I'm looking for a good car stereo for my VW and it must be iPod friendly. If there are any VW enthusiast you know I'm looking for that "cool blue" interior design for the stereo to match the OEM stuff. Any recommendations are appreciated not just for VW's. I'm just looking for a place to start. What do you got in your car. Pics are nice!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I don't have any photos of mine, but I have a Pioneer deck in my car. The way the pioneer's can be configured for sound output was my reason behind my choice. I'd stay away from JVC because they seem to have a low output power, so they tend to be quieter.

Whatever you do choose, try it out before you buy it. And watch for other features, like clock, most cars have the clock built into the stereo, but it seems few aftermarket stereos have a clock built in that you can see all the time.

Edit: I've installed several car stereos, some full systems, and some just decks, so if you have any questions, just ask, I'll do my best to answer.

OP
steven11
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD
I'm looking for any deck, I'll keep my eye on that pioneer. The important thing is if it has the ability to integrate with my iPod. I've got a "Monsoon" 8 speaker sound system w/ a factory amp now. so most any deck should sound awesome. I've got ye ole' tape on a wire do hicky going on. It works but it looks a bit ghetto fabulous. Xmas is around the corner!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Most aftermark decks have some way to integrate with an iPod, so you shouldn't have too much trouble with that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.