Good Photo Editing Software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
I'm a recent switcher to the Mac platform and I always used Photoshop 7 in Windows to edit my pictures. I always "aquired" a copy of Photoshop so it was never an issue.

Now, I'm on a MAC and while I did aquire a copy of Photoshop CS I'm not prepared to go through the hoops of installing an illegal copy. Now I'll be the first to admit, I used Photoshop for very basic things so I probably didn't actually need such a powerful program.

For a guy that does some web design (basically resizing photos and adding the odd effect), what software for the Mac would you guys recommend?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Gimp - freeware
Pixelmator - Shareware $60
Seashore - freeware

there are a few others, search macupdate.com for image editors and you'll get a nice list.

Reaction score
Gimp - freeware
Pixelmator - Shareware $60
Seashore - freeware

there are a few others, search macupdate.com for image editors and you'll get a nice list.

Thanks man I was going to ask the same question soon!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Pixelmator from what I have seen is amazing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Yep I'd say Pixelmator.I've used it since it came out I love it more and more. Well worth the money

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i lo ve the gimp... im also in favor of you picking any legal software out there
-chris

Reaction score
I'm also a big fan of Graphic Converter. It's been around for eons and has always been stable. Although it's not as fully featured as many others. GIMP is also OK, but none will be as fully featured (or expensive) as Photoshop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.