• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

If This Doesn't Make You Happy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Awe. he's so awesome, kids these days don't know what they are missing. We need more people like him.

Reaction score
Unfortunately they just do not make them like him anymore! (since we do not have one - picture a smilie that has a tear running down one cheek).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
I'd imagine any non Americans had the same reaction as me.

Who?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I'd imagine any non Americans had the same reaction as me.

Who?

His name was Fred Rogers. He hosted a children's television show, and was probably the nicest person alive in the past 50 years.

He never talked down to children, but did his best to explain the adult world in terms that a three-to-six year old could understand. Studies showed that children who watched the program were markedly calmer afterwards. He never had a scandal, was never a publicity hound, and never tried to "branch out into new media." Nobody can even remember him raising his voice in anger.

He died a few years ago. Raising children without him will be that much harder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
His show and Sesame Street are probably the best children's shows ever made. Today it's all dumbed down with big sounds and bright colors that do more to simply hold a child's attention for the parents than to actually educate. His show also peaked my interest in jazz music, which I have loved since then.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I also cried when Mr.Rogers died :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz aluminum unibody, 250 GB HD, 2GB RAM
Mr. Rogers was a wonderful man and an integral part of my childhood. I met him once and he was just as wonderful in real life.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Mac OS X 10.4.11 2.16 GHz, iPod nano 2nd gen. 8 GB
:(
I really miss him. I used to watch him so much when I was younger.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
Mr. Rogers was cool! He always was nice to everyone, and he always had clean sweaters i his closet... But Canadians should also remember Mr Dressup, Ernie Combs. He was cool too. He had much the same as Mr rogers except he interacted with the puppets and had crafts too

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Thanks for sharing. That clip showed him just as he was, very soft spoken and caring. I'm sure he is missed by many. :'(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.