• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Need help on interview with oil industry rep. What would you ask...

Reaction score
We're in a time bind, so...

We just got handed an assignment to interview a local oil industry representative who works for one of the major brand names. This has to take place in a hurry to meet a publication's deadline. What I'm looking for are serious questions that you, as a consumer, would ask about:

1. the industry as a whole
2. the marketing of gasoline
3. the marketing of convenience stores and vendors that are attached to stations
4. anything else about station operations
5. and, of course, pricing issues

Any help you can offer is appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Ask him how he can sleep at night. Ask him what he drives. (I'd be funny if he drove a hybrid or something I guess.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
ask him what his boss would think if other people were doing his job
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
We're in a time bind, so...

We just got handed an assignment to interview a local oil industry representative who works for one of the major brand names. This has to take place in a hurry to meet a publication's deadline. What I'm looking for are serious questions that you, as a consumer, would ask about:

1. the industry as a whole
2. the marketing of gasoline
3. the marketing of convenience stores and vendors that are attached to stations
4. anything else about station operations
5. and, of course, pricing issues

Any help you can offer is appreciated.
And as a first time poster, how does this apply to Apple computers???? You look like a spammer to me.

OP
D
Reaction score
And as a first time poster, how does this apply to Apple computers???? You look like a spammer to me.

Friend, what do you see in that message that constitutes spam? Am I promoting a product? Are there any links?

I'm asking for a little help.

As for first time, it's not. I haven't been around in a long time, but I have been here before. However, somehow, my log-in info didn't work so I registered again.

Chill.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Your profile showed 1 post; now it shows 2 by virtue of your response. Your account shows you joined yesterday. You come asking for odd and potentially personal information from forum members without any regard for acting as a member of this community, wanting to take before having some apparent track record of giving. That gets my attention. I've seen enough spammers and social engineers to be leary of posts like this.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your profile showed 1 post; now it shows 2 by virtue of your response. Your account shows you joined yesterday. You come asking for odd and potentially personal information from forum members without any regard for acting as a member of this community, wanting to take before having some apparent track record of giving. That gets my attention. I've seen enough spammers and social engineers to be leary of posts like this.

Fine. I answered one of these issues above. I thought I could get some help from normally helpful people...the Mac community. I'm not tracking people down by IP and persecuting them for their beliefs. I was merely asking for what kind of question they would ask this individual if they had the chance.

FYI, I also posted this on a few other forums and got wonderful responses. In case it's interesting to you, you are the sole individual out of hundreds who viewed, and dozens who responded, to take this view and see something sinister involved. You might want to consider that for a moment and ask yourself a question, "Is this the kind of attitude I really want to expose to the world?"

I respect your refusal to answer my question. The way you express that refusal and the mindset involved is unfortunate.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.