Glossy White MacBook Case Scratches

Reaction score
I was at the coffee shop the other day at my university killing some time before class and I noticed an oily smudge on my case as I was closing it. I get some napkins and wiped it and when I got home I noticed the napkins caused a big blotch of scratches. There are fine scratches all over the casing of my MacBook that I don't care about at all, but when these fine scratches are in a big cluster together it looks pretty ugly. It looks like the texture of hemp under lighting.

Yeah you guys could see it coming, is there anyway to remove these scratches? I've searched about it and am considering iCleaner? Or perhaps just a platic polisher(Meguire's)? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I used a CD scratch removing kit to tidy mine up, the slightly abrasive cleaner fetched off the light scratches. I think I read someone used Brasso, but I haven't tried that. I got a Speck case to protect it - you can scratch that plastic by looking at it too hard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
I've used Brasso to polish wood and plastic before and it works like a dream (if you put in a lot of effort) but never on a computer... the MB might use a different plastic the the stuff I was using.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz, Macbook 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
hmm.. not to sure about using brasso. brasso is for metal and such. i guess it would work but it would probably matte the glossy look of your macbook..

let me know if you find something though! i'm a bit OCD with tiny scratches on my macbook as well..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver MB 2Ghz Core2Duo 2GB RAM
there are so many threads on this but not one thread that actually has someone reviewing a scratch remover for the white MB

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.