Sync 2 computers' iTunes libraries. Will it work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook 2.0GHz, Airport Extreme, 3G iPod Nano
I have a large music collection, and I want to sync it with my Macbook and PC.

Here is my plan:

Right now I have the same library on each computer. While this isn't a big deal on my PC (400GB HDD), this is an issue on my Macbook (80GB, and filling up fast). I also have a 500GB MY BOOK external drive that is connected to my network via an Airport Extreme router (NAS). I plan on copying all my music/media etc. files to one folder on the network drive. Then, I plan on deleting everything on the 2 computers. Next, I am going to set up each iTunes library so that the files are added from the network drive WITHOUT copying to the iTunes folder on each computer.

I think this will work, and both computers should have the exact same library.

I have one question though - can I set up iTunes so that the libraries will automatically update themselves when I add a new song to the networked folder?

Will this all work?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16GHZ C2D,120 GB HDD 3GB Ram
on a mac if you set the itunes music folder to the networked folder it will work. but it wont a pc unless you get sum kinda of script or something not sure on that front,but on the mac yes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.