Boot Camp or Parallel

Reaction score
i've tried boot camp but had to reinstall the entire thing twice because it stopped recognizing any of the hardware in my mb. now the problem persists.
so i'm thinking about swtiching to another alternative.
i want to switch to parallel so i hopefully don't deal with the same problems.
is there anyone using parallel? can you give me suggestoins??
thankss

OP
A
Reaction score
boot camp or parallel

i've tried boot camp but had to reinstall the entire thing twice because it stopped recognizing any of the hardware in my mb. now the problem persists.
thankss
austinlee is online now Add to austinlee's Reputation Report Post Edit/Delete Message

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
I am using Parallels and have not had any trouble. However I only have it installed to run a couple of things for work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
I use it and it works fine in most situations. Gaming performance is poor but if that is not a factor then it should work fine for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2.16 4gig 160GB
thankss
austinlee is online now Add to austinlee's Reputation Report Post Edit/Delete Message

Im running parallels without any issues. one thing i did recognise is that when im running widows it takes over the hardware, i.e when I put a cd in widows sees it but mac doesnt see it until i close windows. same for external drive. mouse works seamlessly through both, drag and drop between desktops is way cool. im ony 3 weeks into parallels so i may be missing a whole bunch of stuff and i havn't read the docs yet so....give it a go. you will love it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
Please don't take this the wrong way, but what could you be doing that is causing the problems? In my experience Bootcamp has been super easy to use. Just run the assistant, burn the CD driver, partition the drive, pop in the XP CD (has to be SP2) and hit the ground running. Once you login to the Windows side once, pop in the driver CD and you should be good to go.

FYI: I prefer Fusion over Parallels; I've tried both.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Merged crossposts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3 " MacBook - White 2.0 1 Gig 80HHD
Here where I work we have set up people with Parallel. We have tried Boot Camp but found Parallel much better.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.