iTouch RoCkS.... A Review

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Hello All,

I finally was able to get the iPod Touch earlier today. Since the announcement of the touch and I've been counting the days, though I was disappointed as there was no reviews on the Forums...

So here goes my Review to those who care!

Looks:

From the Packaging to the actual iPod Touch, it has SLEEK written all over it. It is just Smokin' HOOTT.

Music:

Man oh Man.... Exactly as advertised. Beautiful interface from the Cover Flow to displaying the Album Art in Normal view. Just smoooooth as can be. No glitches or hang ups, smooth operation all the way through. Simply Marvelous.

Videos:

The Touch's screen is just Gorgeous. I played a couple of Music Videos and sampled some of my Movies on it (especially) ones with darker scenes and it just works Grrrreat. Video controls with a tap of the Finger on the screen and again works flawlessly.

You Tube:

You Tube doesn't need Intros. BUT You Tube on the Touch is a whole different experience. Again works just as advertised, with no hiccups. Search, Watch and Bookmark the ones you like in a hear beat, and again the screen is Gorgeous.

Internet/Safari:

WOW... is the best way to describe it. I've been on as many websites I could think of and it just worked no issues no slow downs. Pretty much as fast as my MacBook on WiFi. You have two options to Zoom in on the text of a web page. 1. Double Tap the screen. 2. Pinch out the screen and Voila! Zoom in (My favorite) :D.

Photos:

Seamless performance, Zoom In & Out using the Pinch in & Out is Sweet.

Contacts:

Not much to say here other than... Simplicity at its best. You Input the info manually and it gives ya the option to select a photo from your Photo Library on the Touch itself if you'd like. Cool Stuff.

KeyBoard & Typing in General:

Thats what I worried about. I saw most people typing on the iPhone with one Finger, and to me thats a big No No. So when I started typing with the Touch's On Screen Keyboard I was amazed. VERY easy to use. Very Easy to get used to. Auto correction works great as well.

Here are some Pictures of the un-boxing. Enjoy.

touch1-20071003-003353.jpg

touch2-20071003-005254.jpg

touch3-20071003-005347.jpg

If you have any questions or if you think I missed something let me know and I'll answer it.

Cheers

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BlackMacMan. thats looks like a pretty app. I'll download the demo and give it a shot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.16ghz,2 gigs ram, 120gigs--ipod nano red 4 gig--ipod vid 30 gig black-- rip macbook
i cant wait to get mine

Reaction score
My favorite is Telekinesis. Lets you stream your entire library at home from any wifi spot. Not to mention, you can take control of your home computer and browse through notes, excel documents, etc.

...and turn on iTunes, crank up the volume, and scare the mess outta anyone that's around in your house that doesn't know...

--R.

(http://code.google.com/p/telekinesis) --I think.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz, 512Mb RAM
What I'd like to know is this: Can you download music from sources other than iTunes? By that I mean eMusic, MySpace, band websites etc?

Without this ability I will probably pass - with it and it's on my Christmas list!

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Frattonland, unfortunately no u cant download music from anywhere else other than iTunes.

But its still a solid iPod and the whole WiFi experience is great and again works flawlessly.

Cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
I just got an ipod touch as well! It is by far the coolest device ever. It is soo skinny that sometimes i feel like its difficult to hold or im afraid that it may be very fragile. I am sure that its not fragile, just seems like something so small would be. I love it and spend more time browsing the web on it than i do on my laptop. Great review!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Hey Mina, I really appreciate the review. It's well written and gives me all the info I needed to know.

Sounds like an awesome piece of work! :D

Thanks again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
itouch
well i've had my iTouch for 4 days and it broke already! lol the videos are coming out purple and i have a line running down the screen. sux! everything else works fine except for the fact that my itouch is picking up the signal to my schools wifi but says it can't find the server! im bout ready to loosen someones jaw! but im a respectful person! so i'll return it to bestbuy and have those snapperheads take 2 weeks to fix it.

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey Carol no problem. The Touch is an awesome iPod. Hope that review helped to decide on buying one ;P

DDBooger, Sorry to hear about you misfortune with the Touch. You should take it to best buy and get a replacement looks like you got a defective unit. Good Luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
itouch
yes, store cred. till they get some in! but your review is great, and this site will help much more than using google for all my questions!

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks... I appreciate it.

Don't let the one bad iTouch you got discourage you. Its an awesome iPod I could go on and on but I think I said too much already in my Original Post ;P

Good Luck with your next purchase.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Core Duo Macbook Pro
I ordered mine today. I have to wait a couple of weeks but I'm sure it will be worth it. I hope there will be plenty of third-party applications to install in the near future. Some games and an office suite would be nice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
hey, im back!

so does anybody know if that telekenisis app mentioned above works on the iPod Touch or is it just an iPhone thing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
itouch
wondering, i have some videos, can i upload them to my itouch or do i have to buy only what itunes sells? wondering if i need to convert my video to some other format in order to allow me to use on itouch

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If the videos are in MP4 format they'll work with no issues on the iTouch.

If they are in any other format then you'll have to convert them to MP4, just like you'd do with the Classic iPod Video.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G4
PDA functions

Does anyone know how well the calendar application works on the iPod Touch? Does it basically function the same way as the Calendar app. on Mac OS X? I am trying to decide on whether or not I would use the PDA functions. How hard is it to add a calendar event? I don't want to have to sync it every time I add something.

Thanks,
Ben

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
It's pretty easy to add an event... (running 1.1.2 or a 3rd party fix in 1.1.1) simply touch the "+" and enter the info.

The "Wheel of Fortune" wheels you spin to change the date/time are really cool (fun).

2088520087_a202fee695.jpg

I do wish the iCal app would rotate to landscape mode... I much prefer the keyboard in landscape mode.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.