window minimizing when not active

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro: 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo ~ 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM ~ 160 GB HD ~ 15" Glossy LED Screen
I just did a erase and re-install today (because I wanted to not because I needed to by the way). I've got all of my apps installed and everything with no problem and really quickly. I've updated all of my software like the OS updates, itunes, iphoto, etc...

My problem is that now when I have say Safari open and I go to look at another app, lets say Adium to message a buddy, every other open window of any other app minimizes except for the app that is currently active. This is really annoying because I have a 24 inch samsung so I have dual monitors and I have a bunch of things going. Like watching a movie while chatting with a buddy or surfing the net.

I don't remember ever changing a setting before I did the re-install and I've never had this problem before. I also use Quicksilver so I was thinking maybe I activated a plugin that I shouldn't have by mistake. Any suggestions anyone? I've looked around for a couple hours for some help and no one else seems to have this problem. Which also makes me think it's something extremely easy and I'm just being brain dead and will feel stupid when someone tells me what is wrong HAHA.

Please help!!! I'm loosing what little hair I have left!!! HAHA

OP
meatus
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro: 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo ~ 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM ~ 160 GB HD ~ 15" Glossy LED Screen
Okay everyone cancel the help request! I finally figured it out!! It was a setting I had accidentally set in Quicksilver.

If anyone is curious to what it is or does have the same thing happen to them. It is the Hide other applications when switching option in the extras in preferences of Quicksilver!! Trust me it's really annoying having that on and not knowing it!! HAHA

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.