How do you get a snare drum sound in Garageband?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G3, 13" Macbook 1.8 ghz duo core, iPod nano (1st generation), iPod Shuffle
It's probably right underneath my nose, but I searched through the Help function in Garageband but it says nothing about snare drum sounds. I've found all kinds of tom tom sounds, but no snare (and no kick for the matter.)

Anyone have a clue on how to find those most basic of drum sounds?

thanks

b

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
while you have the drum track selected open the "keyboard window" or whatever its called (where you see piano keys) and the change octaves to change different drums. there are a few snare sounds in there

Reaction score
while you have the drum track selected open the "keyboard window" or whatever its called (where you see piano keys) and the change octaves to change different drums. there are a few snare sounds in there

thats an idea!! thanks

OP
bombat67
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G3, 13" Macbook 1.8 ghz duo core, iPod nano (1st generation), iPod Shuffle
I actually went to the Apple homepage and signed up for iCompositions, looks like a free deal that includes a lot of ads for commercial products. No prob. And I was able to download a bunch of awesome drum loops. They are amazing!

good lordy, I'm not leaving the house today. (again)

:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.