iStat pro users, post your max readings

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro 15.4", 1.83Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, 80GB HD. Leopard on order.
JW whats temps everyone gets up to
Right now i think my left fan took a crap, istat says 0rpms for it
Fan Right - 3468rpm
Fan Left - 0rpm
CPU A - 160F
GPU - 146F
GPU Heatsink - 157F
Heatsink A - 115F
B - 113F
Enclosure Bottom - 110F
Memory Control - 139F

I think this is the max ive seen, while installing Adobe Creative Suite 3 and surfing the net.

Is there anyway i can varify that indeed the left fan is not working?
It also feels hotter on the left side.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro 15.4", 1.83Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, 80GB HD. Leopard on order.
That site worry's me, not having a warranty on my macbook, are they all overheating?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Sig...
It depends on how you define overheating.

If you consider running much hotter than any other similarly-equipped notebook that I've seen, having CPU temperatures that are both very high AND way out of line with the heatsink temperatures, and having the top case above the keyboard on both of mine (the one I returned and the current one) and the one I tested at the Apple store, *and* my grandmother's machine all hit almost 130*F in spots under full load.... If you consider all that to be overheating, then yes... most, if not all of them do that in my experience.

If you want to sit there and say "well it only hits 91*C and intel rates the core2duo mobile chips for 100*C so obviously it's not overheating", then no, most of them do not overheat. I would contend that this point of view is flawed, but that's another discussion entirely.

Reaction score
network monitor

how is the network monitor in istat pro measured in the "total" section.
does "total" mean total in a day?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MBP
My CPU can hit 170 F when running Handbrake. That program will just about max out CPU usage as well. Left and right fans will hit around 5000 rpm during that time.

But normal temp for me is around 117 F and fans 1900-2000 rpm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook:: 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo::1GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM::4GB ipod mini::4GB iPod nano
My CPU temp is normally around 130F and the Mac HD temp is around 106F.

I saw the other guy mention how the left side of his mac is very warm compared to the rest. Is this something I should worry about?

These temperatures are reached by running Ichat and Office, nothing serious. If this could be a problem what should I consider changing or doing to fix the problem?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.