Spitting Out Discs

Reaction score
My MacBook seems to spit out discs after a few seconds when I put them in...For example, I entered a DvD to watch it and it sat there and made some noise, then after about 20 seconds it spit it out.

The same thing happeneds when I tried to install Windows XP on it today through Parallels. My CD is the authentic Windows XP Pro SP2 install CD and it just spit it out...What's going on? Please help, thanks.

EDIT: I've identified this as a CD tray problem...When I enter CDs into my MacBook it won't read them..It just spins them around and spits them out. Is this a common problem? Please help.

My problem is exactly as this first poster has said: http://www.macworld.com/forums/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=440595&Main=439419

The only problem is that since mine is a laptop and not a desktop..Replacing a cd bay wouldn't be as easy...The computer is around 7 months old. The drive should not be acting up this early at all.

OP
AduNeButt
Reaction score
Also..To add. Every time I boot up my Mac I get a pop up that says there was no update for my disc drive. Wondering if this poses as a problem too?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP LED 15" SR 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HDD, NIVIDIA 8600M GT 128MB
I'm sorry to say that you have a bad drive. Bring it into Apple if you still have a warranty. If you don't look at ifixit.com.

Reaction score
I have the same problem and it really angers me. My warranty just ran out right before it started happening. It seems like the drives on the mac laptops are crap. It's too bad, because I love this computer, but this sort of thing should not happen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.