Macbook trackpads

Reaction score
MBP 17" 2ghz duo, 2gig ram, etc.

Anyone think that the mbp trackpad is too slow even when cranked all the way up? I've had this laptop a little over a year and have never gotten used to the sluggish (imo) pad. I think it works a helluva lot better under XP in parallels. More precise, responsive.
Anyhoo-- anybody know of an app that 'overclocks' the responsiveness of a trackpad on mbp? Something similar to Onyx, only for hardware?
gracias,
Dennis

ipods, imac, g4, g3, II+, TRS80...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Sig...
Yes, I feel the same way. It's an Apple/OSX thing, I think. My Logitech MX510 is the same way when it's used on a Mac (either the MBP or my G4), but it's fine in Windows.

Why it does this, whether it's intentional or not, and what inane 'logic' is behind it if it IS intentional, I don't know. But I'll tell you... on a UXGA/WUXGA (1600x1200/1920x1200) screen, it is exceedingly annoying.

Sadly, I have not found a solution for it. I found that cranking the trackpad sensitivity all the way up on the MBP helps make it bearable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Why it does this, whether it's intentional or not, and what inane 'logic' is behind it if it IS intentional, I don't know. But I'll tell you... on a UXGA/WUXGA (1600x1200/1920x1200) screen, it is exceedingly annoying.

The Mac's mouse pointer curve is very sensitive. It's designed to allow for both fine detailed movement and large distance movement depending on the speed of your input. The Windows curve tends to be biased more toward gross movement for any input.

If you're used to the Windows curve, you'll need to retrain your coordination. It's perfectly possible to throw your pointer across your screen, you just have to do it faster.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.