MacBook Fell from 2 meter heigh and shell suffered .. price , fixing?

Reaction score
My first post , Thanks for your attention.

My MacBook pro Fell from 2 meter height on to the street, and shell craked a bit. , The computer is running perfectly and I havent had any problems since the day it happened. But it looks bad outside. One corner is flatened and the cd.dvd drive is ondulated .. How much can this replacement cost? What would be the proper replacement? Where can I get it? What do you guys suggest to do?

Thanks again and hope to contribute soon.

Reaction score
do you still have warranty? if not then just look for a new housing on ebay. they pop up sometimes and averages around 60+ for both panels. is your screen any good because that can be somewhat expensive.

if you really want it looking new again, sell it and buy a new one. you should be able to sell it for a good price if its a santa rosa model or a C2D. hope this helps.

OP
D
Reaction score
Do you mean the basic 1 year warranty? I though that one would not cover this kind of damage cause its not made by apple.. Im I right/? Any idea on the price from apple service on repairing this?

Thankyou

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Santa Rosa 15" 2.4Ghz, 8600M GT 256MB Gfx, 2GB RAM
I read replacing the case (though including the screen i believe) was $1200! but thats a lot im not sure if thats correct. Id say call some service center and ask them, but as Dre said, if its not the newest model then it might make sense to sell it and buy a newer, better one.

OP
D
Reaction score
The screen is with no damage at all. Yeah maybe better to sell it then? Its a 15" MACBOOK PRO 2GHZ 1GB/100GB/SD Intel Core Duo.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.