App can work on many files?

Reaction score
Greetings all. I have a web site I want to transfer... and i need to change the references. For example all the references for images (a href)... would change. I can do this file by file. I'm just wondering, if anyone can make a suggestion would be grateful: is there a program that can do this with a number of documents all at once?

I believe there was something called BB edit? That used to do that in OS9?

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
As long as the file-structure is sound and your coding is correct, then you shouldn't need to change anything. Just copy the folder to your new server.
Images in a folder labeled "images", Scripts and stylesheets in appropriately named folders...etc.
Then all of that encompassed in one main root folder.
So, if your structure is a root folder with a subfolder for "html" and a second subfolder for "images"... and your page is located in the folder lableled "html", and you have an image linked on that page, if the link code reads "../images/image.jpg" then there is no need to update it.

This is where foresight and proper structure of a site comes into play. :)

If you haven't done this, then I believe that Dreamweaver will update the links for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
Yeah, Dreamweaver will do it, but if it's too late and all your links are absolute, you can use just about any text editor with a 'find and replace' function.

BBedit will do it. You'll probably have to do it page by page though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
no no...

both BBEdit, and it's free sibling, Text Wrangler have extended search and reaplce. That's a search and replace of text in every document in a folder (or group of folders, etc).

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
Cool - even easier.

Actually, I was thinking of Textwrangler anyway, I don't have BBedit as I'm a cheapskate.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.