technical question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Specs: MacBook Intel CD 2GHz, 2G, 120G (White)
hey guys and girls.

so i have a macbook and i watch a lot of TV shows, movies on it..
but i'll like to watch them on my TV. If I brought a Mac mini would it be possible to link that to my TV and transfer the data from my macbook wirelessly to save or steam to my TV via the Mac Mini? Thinking of using it as a media centre but dont have to have to burn everything or link the macbook to it..

Is this possible?
Thanks... ;D

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
hey guys and girls.

so i have a macbook and i watch a lot of TV shows, movies on it..
but i'll like to watch them on my TV. If I brought a Mac mini would it be possible to link that to my TV and transfer the data from my macbook wirelessly to save or steam to my TV via the Mac Mini? Thinking of using it as a media centre but dont have to have to burn everything or link the macbook to it..

Is this possible?
Thanks... ;D

Yes it is. You might also want to consider an Apple TV, although that will only stream content from iTunes.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Specs: MacBook Intel CD 2GHz, 2G, 120G (White)
yeh i looked at that but i dont have everything in itunes and converting and all that takes forever ;D what leads would i need to link it to a TV? and do i need any apps to my macbook and mini could transfer the files? thanks man

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
it depends on what kind of tv you have, and weather it will take a DVI signal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
then all you need is a dvi to dvi cable plug one end in your mac and the other in the tv.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.