Imac + Xbox 360?

Reaction score
hey guys, im wondering does the new Imac have connectors on it so i could hook up my Xbox 360... im looking to upgrade my computer and my tv so i figured why see if the Imac(which is my first choice) can run my box save me some dough...

thanks for any replies

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
It won't save too much dough, since you would have to purchase a TV convertor to even get the XBox hooked up to your computer.. and then you would have sub-par quality and many have even reported unbearable game lag.

Xbox is made to hook up to a TV so just get a TV for it. :)

OP
S
Reaction score
It won't save too much dough, since you would have to purchase a TV convertor to even get the XBox hooked up to your computer.. and then you would have sub-par quality and many have even reported unbearable game lag.

Xbox is made to hook up to a TV so just get a TV for it. :)

okay thanks, just thought id check, my buddy has a monitor hooked up through a s video cable and the thing looked nice so thats the only reason id figure too see what the deal was

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
You could just buy the VGA cable and hook the 360 up to an LCD (if you have a spare one). That's what I do to mine, into my 21" Flatron.

Reaction score
I have one of the last Gen of White Imacs that I recently bought before apple changed them to Silver.

I was using my Imac as a DVD player and hooking it up to my Samsung HD TV. The adapter and cable cost a bit but at the time I had no alternative DVD player and my Imac screen was too small to see from a far distance.

I also have an Xbox 360 Elite that I just recently purchased. My recommendation is just use a TV, I tried once to hook it up to the imac as my girlfriend wanted to watch a show on TV and I found that not only were the graphics obviously lower performance (as it wasn't a HD TV), but the game also suffered from slow down as other users here have reported.

I now use my 360's DVD player to watch movies as it works better on my TV. I found that when linking to my Imac the format was not so great often being rather smaller than the full size of the TV screen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.