SSH ALL Traffic Shell Accounts?

Reaction score
I'm currently using wireless connections all the time in my college campus, I know that this is not very safe since anyone can just look at my traffic. My question is what are some ways that I can use to protect myself? For example I have heard that using ssh proxies and/or tunnels is a good idea, if that is a good way how can I tunnel ALL of my traffic so I would be as secure as possible? By the way I don't have a pc at home so I think I'll be needing a shell account? Right?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
To do this you'd need a dedicated machine for SSH services to tunnel your traffic.

Perhaps there is someone else doing this that can give you an account.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys are there any free shell accounts out there I googled for some but most of them are already full, they are not taking any more applications.:Grimmace: Do other people have some links or know of any place? Also I read those links and is that really all that I have to do to tunnel ALL of my web traffic? Anyways I'll continue my quest for free shell accounts...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Thanks for the help guys are there any free shell accounts out there I googled for some but most of them are already full, they are not taking any more applications.:Grimmace: Do other people have some links or know of any place? Also I read those links and is that really all that I have to do to tunnel ALL of my web traffic? Anyways I'll continue my quest for free shell accounts...

Yup, that's it. $10 a month is fairly reasonable...you probably spend more on that when you get a Big Mac meal from McDonalds :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.