D-Link 1260 Print server to Macbook

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I am having abit of an issue with my Macbook. I am attempting to get it to recognize a printer that I have connected to a D-LINK 1260 Print server downstairs.

The D-Link is in turn connected to my Linksys wireless router, both are running on the same SSID, and the D-links setup page is accessible through the router (D-link is on 192.168.1.10).

I don't have any issues with an internet connection, as Airport is able to connect pretty quickly to the network for that. But I can't figure out how to get it to detect the printer on the D-Link (which is connected to the Linksys).

The manual that came with the D-link has admittedly very little useful info for Macs in it (aside from acknowledging that it works on it).

Any help that you guys can toss my way I'd be extremely grateful for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
When you add the printer, choose "Line Printer Daemon - LPD" as the Protocol and enter the IP address (192.168.1.10) in the "Address" field.

See if that gets you somewhere. Good luck!

OP
K
Reaction score
Alright, I will give it a shot.

I do think I attempted this yesterday, but it listed it as a generic printer (it's a HP PSC 2400 all in one). Is there a driver I can download somewhere for this ? (Couldnt find it on the HP site)

OP
K
Reaction score
Someone else mentioned using Appletalk for it ? I have just been trying to manually add the printer via the Printer Setup tool. Does it matter which I use ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Yes, it matters which connectivity you use. If you want to reach the printer over your network, you need to use LPD.

Try downloading Gutenprint for the drivers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.