Putting video onto new Ipod Nano

Nez

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the Mac Forums and just had a quick question regarding my new ipod nano with video. I just received one for my birthday but am confused as to how I would put video onto it that I did not buy from Itunes. I have a few episodes of different shows I downloaded on my computer and then a few dvds with different shows I wanted to put onto my ipod. I was wondering how I would go about doing this. I believe there are programs you can buy from apple but I really didn't want to spend another $50. Thanks so much for the help!!:D :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 2GHz Intel 2GB RAM, iPod Classic 80Gb, iPhone
You can download software called Handbreak, its really easy to use just select the file you want to put on your ipod & it gives you options of what you want to convert to i.e mp4, ipod hi res, ipod low res etc.... then just load into itunes & sync as normal......and its free :)

OP
N

Nez

Reaction score
Thank You so much for the response I really appreciate it!! :D :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Handbrake only converts DVDs to a format that you can use on your iPod and computer. If you already have a video file on your computer that you currently can't use on the iPod then Handbrake will not help you. You will have to use a program such as VisualHub.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 2GHz Intel 2GB RAM, iPod Classic 80Gb, iPhone
Sorry I didnt see the bit about the downloaded files.....handbreak is great for dvd conversion tho.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Personally, I think Handbrake and Visual Hub are great and all most people really need for these situations. Handbrake is free and Visual Hub is pretty cheap.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.