REALLY LOUD fan noise, is Apple going to fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 16g iPhone 3g, 30g iPod classic
Occasionally (once or twice a day, for about 30-60 seconds) there's a louddddd noise coming from my left speaker. it sounds like a fan that's being overworked. CONSTANTLY there's a hum... it's not really really loud but it's loud enough to **** me off! :)

I have the APP... but here's the problem.

I recently took my laptop out of my bookbag and there's a small dent where I plug in my charger. It looks like something bumped into it... it's nothing huge... and the noise what happening BEFORE I ever got the little dent. I have a feeling Apple won't replace it because they'll say it's my fault. What do you think? Is there something I can tell them that will make them more apt to fix it?

Reaction score
The dent MAY have thrown the fan alignment out of wack. But Apple won't know until they have a look inside. Loud spin-ups are normal though. It's just the machine cooling itself. But if you must... Don't mention the dent and take it in.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.