Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr my poor baby :(

Reaction score
Not meaning to invite flames, but where would an American traveller find work in London? Everything from waiting tables to offering tech support is acceptable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 1.5ghz PB,1gb RAM,64mb ATI,80gb HD+PowerMac G4 867mhz,640mb RAM,60gb HD+AirPort xpress+15gb Ipod
Hey Cloudane, I just got a 17" powerbook and was REALLY sorry to hear about your experience. If the same thing ever happened to me I don't think I would be able to live.

I live in the UK. Like Strider I am keen to find out about insuring my Powerbook with Alliance and Leicester after your good experiences with them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 1.5ghz PB,1gb RAM,64mb ATI,80gb HD+PowerMac G4 867mhz,640mb RAM,60gb HD+AirPort xpress+15gb Ipod
p.s. Ragle did you try getting a job at that Apple Store that just opened in London. That must be the coooooooolest job avail. What good news that store opening was for UK mac owners! Did anyone get an Ipod in their goody bag????

OP
C

Cloudane

I didn't particularly want to live either :)

It's actually my parents' house that is insured with A&L, not the computer itself. It was the contents part of the insurance that covered it, which covers items that family members living there own even if they take them out of the premises and something happens to them elsewhere.

Best idea would be to phone them up and have a chat.

My parents are looong term customers so it might be an old version of the contract that they have to keep up but don't offer to new customers, but it's worth asking about their policies. Contents insurance certainly isn't anything new :)

Oh, and keep proof of purchase for
* Your computer
* Any RAM or other expansions

With the latter I also got my 512MB expansion replaced, which I didn't initially think about.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.