General Question

max

Reaction score
Hi

Grateful if somebody could give me some advice. I'm a musician and got stumped when Logic went from EMagic but now I want it back! I'm not a heavy user of sequencers, but I need about 10 to 12 tracks of audio. Could I get away with a Mac Book or would I have to get a Mac Book Pro to run Logic Studio 8? Also, can you close the lids on Mac Books and use an external keyboard so I can use an external monitor?

Thanks,

Max

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Hi

Grateful if somebody could give me some advice. I'm a musician and got stumped when Logic went from EMagic but now I want it back! I'm not a heavy user of sequencers, but I need about 10 to 12 tracks of audio. Could I get away with a Mac Book or would I have to get a Mac Book Pro to run Logic Studio 8? Also, can you close the lids on Mac Books and use an external keyboard so I can use an external monitor?

Thanks,

Max

As long as your Mac fits within these specs:

Minimum Requirements to Install All Applications

* • Mac computer with a 1.25GHz or faster PowerPC G4 processor (PowerPC G5, Intel Core Duo, or Intel Xeon processor highly recommended)
* • 1GB of RAM (2GB or more highly recommended)
* • Display with 1024-by-768 resolution (1280-by-800 or higher recommended)
* • Mac OS X v10.4.9 or later
* • QuickTime 7.2 or later
* • DVD drive for installation
* • PCI Express, ExpressCard/34, USB, or FireWire based audio interface recommended

You should be ok. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.