iPhoto - can't split an event!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I have one photo in an event that I want to split away and put in a different event. But it's the first photo in the event, and for some reason, iPhoto won't let me do it. If I choose any other photo, the split button is active, but inactive on the first photo. I even made another photo the primary, but still no luck.

If anyone knows how to do this, or another to move a photo to another event, let me know.

Thanks

Update: nevermind! I picked it up and dragged it over "events" in the left pane and it made it a new separate event! It was a phenomenon though that I couldn't do it with the split button.

M

MacHeadCase

Just a wild guess here... Is it because that photo is chosen to represent the stack/event? If so, chose another one and see if you can now detach it from that stack.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
The latest up date from Apple took care of some issues of dragging photo's between events.. Have you installed the update ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.