Delayed Back-to-School Rebate... :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
30gb Black iPod Video || White MacBook 2.0GHz 1GB-RAM & an absolute beauty
Not sure if this fits into this section of the forum but it does seem to be the best fit.

My MacBook was shipped on 26 July 2007 and I sent in the Back-to-School rebate form after the personalised iPod I bought came along the next couple of days.

On 24 August 2007, after almost 3 weeks when I sent in the rebate form, I was told that it was rejected because the owner of the name account was not me (i.e. the person who placed order, owner was my aunt). It was not mentioned anywhere on the website that that would be the case! Anyway I sent in another authorisation letter and have not heard from them since 2 days after the email.

On 27 September 2007, they sent in another email telling me that the rebate would still take 6-8 weeks! I'm frustrated because I sent my resubmission before the end of August, and thought my aunt had gotten the rebate already (I used her credit card). It is too annoying how it will take up to 2 whole months for it to be credited!

I do not know if this is 'normal' in other countries; I live in Singapore. It might be a rebate but I am still a customer! The hinge of my Macbook has been creaky the entire month, and my rebate is still not in.

I feel like shouting expletives but all I did was to tell them to credit my account before the end of the week. I hope no patronising reply comes back because I'll be so angry by then. :\ I'm working in customer service myself (and studying, thus rebate) and read much into replies.

But argh!! And I still need to get the hinge of my MacBook fixed. :\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Everyone knows rebates take a long time. They don't come over night.

As for the creaky hinge, take it in. You just bought it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.